Popular Posts

Labels

Monday 6 May 2013

I Am, Forever Grateful to Jesse and Corin-Always be Prepared-I Was Not.


April 27, 2013, while on a fishing trip on the Chilliwack (Vedder) River I suffered a fall, causing a dislocation and minor fracture of the left shoulder. At the time of the accident, I was about 3/4 of a mile off the main road, on a dyke, it was raining heavily, and there was absolutely no one else around. Fortunately for me, I was able to get up, and did manage to drive myself back to the main road; where Corin and Jesse, two young people, young enough to be my grandchildren, (to whom I am forever grateful), not only offered their assistance but DID drive me to the hospital. Then, nine or ten hours later, they Did drive me home, in my own vehicle (Jesse drove my vehicle, while Corin followed in theirs-they still had to drive themselves back to Chilliwack) to my residence in Vancouver, after the shoulder had been treated in emergency. They DID NOT expect any remuneration; in fact, they balked at the very suggestion of such.
The point I wish to get across, through relating this, is that I was not adequately prepared. MY personal survival Kit was not complete. I WAS NOT CARRYING A MOBILE PHONE, ON MY PERSON. I was able to get up and was still fairly ambulatory.  But, suppose I had not been. I might well still be there, still requiring assistance- if indeed, that is; I still required anything at all 
©Al (Alex-Alexander) D. Girvan 2013. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment